The 2023 Because We Care workshop will ask the questions “Do you remember why you chose healthcare; Do you remember the importance of laughter; and Do you remember what resources are available to you, your patients and their families?” Oftentimes we become so wrapped up in the daily tasks we lose sight of the reason we’re here and struggle to survive. We will discuss how important laughter is, what resources are available and how to support staff and families when loss occurs.
September 21, 2023
8:00AM - 3:30PM
Ardmore Baptist Church - Winston-Salem NC
$60—Atrium Health Employees Fee (promo code needed)
$100—Registration fee (all others)
Visit our course catalog for all the event details or view this program brochure
It is essential to have good tools, but it is also essential that the tools should be used in the right way -
Wallace D. Wattles
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify traits that differentiate therapeutic humor from caustic humor.
- Describe physical and emotional benefits of laughter.
- Describe how humor impacts resiliency.
- Identify available resources to support staff and families.
- Identify ways to help families cope before, during and after a loss.
- Describe how families experienced support after a loss
Who Should Participate
This workshop will be beneficial to nurses, social workers, child-life specialists, counselors, chaplains, and other care providers or interested professionals.
Jointly Provided by:
The “Because We Care” Bereavement Follow-Up Program of Brenner Children’s Hospital and Northwest Area Health Education Center (AHEC), a program of Wake Forest University School of Medicine and part of the NC AHEC System.