Discover a world of top-notch continuing education at your fingertips! This summer, healthcare professionals can access high-quality courses and earn valuable credits from the comfort of their own computer or tablet.
With a plethora of online enduring materials available, you can enhance your knowledge, stay up-to-date with the latest advancements, and expand your skill set without leaving your home (or beach chair). Don't miss this opportunity to make the most of your summer downtime while advancing your career. Embrace the convenience of on-demand learning and earn credits that will propel your professional growth.
NWAHEC Online Enduring Courses
- Basic Steps to Support Exclusive Breastfeeding - This one hour online course will review evidenced based strategies to increase breastfeeding for healthy full-term infants. There is no charge for this online course.
- STI Enduring - Recorded sessions from the March 22, 2023 Annual STI Update are now available online! Stay up-to-date on information on prevention, management and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Safe or Silent - This course presents the inter-relatedness of joy in work, burnout, safety, and silence in the healthcare setting, and the role that organizational 'just culture' has in optimizing clinician satisfaction and patient safety.
- Behavioral Health Reverse Integration - Reverse integration of primary care into behavioral healthcare is another form of integration that produces improved quality of care and patient outcomes. This online series will focus on the reverse integration process and provide details on how to implement this new model of care.
- Opioid Use and Opioid Use Disorder - These activities are targeted to those interested in best practices for opioid prescribing and management and opioid use disorder, including physicians, advanced practitioners, nurses, behavioral health and addiction medicine specialists, and social service professionals.
- Counseling for Change - This course is designed to provide tools and resources to enhance the skills of healthcare providers when supporting individuals on their journey to living a tobacco-free life.
- Nurse Educator Institute - The Nurse Educator Institute (NEI) is a competency-based curriculum written by nurse educators for nurse educators (or nurses exploring this role).
- Clinical Corner - Clinical Corner is a series of 4 online microlearning activities focused on high priority health indicators in North Carolina, as outlined in Healthy North Carolina 2030.