This knowledge-based conference will provide LPNs from different practice settings the information and strategies to maximize their important role on the health care team and enhance their professional practice.
2022 Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Symposium
October 27, 2022 | 8:25 AM – 1 PM
Who Should Participate
Any LPNs and other healthcare professionals
4.0 Contact Hours from Northwest AHEC
- Joyce Winstead, MSN, RN, FRE - NC Board of Nursing
- Leslie D McDowell, DNP, ANP-BC, RN - Northwest AHEC
- Lisa M. Foster, DNP, RN, NPD-BC - Atrium Health Pineville
- Barbara Campbell, DNP, RN, CNE - Central Carolina Community College
- Describe the LPN scope of practice and the relationship with LPNs and RNs.
- Describe the LPN’s role and responsibilities for delegation.
- Describe how an organization embracing a just culture responds to: human error, at-risk behavior, and reckless behavior.
- List three questions included in an investigation within a just culture.
- Demonstrate use of the C.U.S. tool to improve team-based communication and patient safety.
- Identify how our own anxieties impact our ability to recognize escalating situation.
- Discuss education options for LPNs for their career advancement.
Registration Fee $75.00
Jointly provided by Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Northwest AHEC, and Charlotte AHEC - Part of the NC AHEC System.