Take this course to hear from our very own Mona B Ketner, MSN, RN C-EFM, Nurse Educator at Northwest AHEC about the Fetal Monitoring Certification Exam.
This two-day workshop focuses on areas of knowledge that may be seen on a Fetal Monitoring Certification examination. The conference may also be used as an annual update or for cross-training purposes.
April 28 & April 29th 2021
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Describe advantages/disadvantages of EFM instrumentation.
- Examine the National Institute of Child and Human
- Development nomenclature.
- Identify uterine/acceleration/deceleration patterns.
- Explore interventions needed for Category I, II and III EFM strips.
- Interpret antepartal testing results.
- Discuss nursing management of fetal heart rate emergencies.
- Recognize fetal heart characteristics associated with metabolic and respiratory acidemia.
- Interpret selected electronic fetal monitoring strips through case
- Describe nursing interventions for selected fetal cardiac arrhythmias.
>>>Please register for this event through Southern Regional AHEC - CLICK HERE<<<
Nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, physician assistants, paramedics or physicians working with electronic fetal monitoring.
Contact Hours: 9.0; 4.5 contact hours per day
Nursing Contact Hours: 9.0 ; 4.5 Nursing Contact Hours per day. Nursing Contact Hours will be awarded to participants who attend 90% of this educational activity.
Southern Regional Area Health Education Center is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Jointly provided by: