This one day workshop will focus on learning, improving, and perfecting the ACOG recommended route of hysterectomy.
One out of three women over age 45 has stress urinary incontinence. This course will improve your surgical skill for treating this common problem. Participants will perform mid-urethral slings via both trans-obturator and retropubic approach. This is a hands on course in which attendees will perform both procedure on low and high fidelity models.
TVH & Mid-Urethral Slings
A Hands on Course
February 9, 2024
8:00AM - 4:00PM
Bowman Gray Center for Medical Education
475 Vine Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Upon completion of this symposium, participants should be able to:
- Identify suitable patient candidates for vaginal hysterectomy.
- Identify which preoperative workup is necessary and helpful in determining hysterectomy route.
- Describe how to work in OR team and effectively use assistants.
- Discuss procedure steps and how to perform both traditional suture method and with vessel sealing device.
- Perform salpingectomy and use of vaginal laparoscopy for difficult adnexectomy.
- Manage complications and postoperative care. Incorporate this into practice by offering TVH as option for suitable patients needing hysterectomy.
- Identify which patients with urinary incontinence should be offered surgery.
- Explain transobturator (TOT) and transvaginal (TVT) approach and advantages of each. Manage complications and postoperative care.
- Offer this procedure for the common problem of stress incontinence as a treatment option with in a generalists practice.
Registration Fee is $350 for Practitioner and $100 for Resident, get signed up today!