This conference is designed to provide diabetes best practices for healthcare professionals. Walk away from this conference with: practical ways for all disciplines to use to optimize telehealth, medical nutrition counseling, patient support and up-to-date medical knowledge. Participants will gain knowledge about specific topics in the field of diabetes management. It is imperative that providers remain educated in all aspects of their patients’ care, from clinical management to behavior and quality of life.
"This activity will be held virtually from the comfort of your own home. Providing a cost-effective way to benefit from expertise of local and nationwide high profile speakers from variety of disciplines of healthcare."
-Julienne K. Kirk, PharmD, CDCES, BCPS, CPP
23rd Annual Diabetes Management Conference: Best Practices Across the Continuum will be held via Livestream Webinar on November 5th, 8:30am-3pm
- Upon completion of the activity, you should be better able to:
- Discuss the evolution of insulin and clinical applications.
- Identify technology integration for patients with diabetes.
- Review and discuss goals for app selection and application in diabetes management.
- Describe non-restrictive evidence-based approaches to weight management and review a cooking demo with a focus on a balance plate approach.
- Discuss the role of telehealth in diabetes care.
- Describe diabetes burnout and moving the patient from discouraged to encouraged.
$150 – Registration Fee
$120 – Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Employee Registration Fee
Keynote Speaker: Eugene E. Wright, Jr. MD, Medical Director, Performance Improvement, Charlotte Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
Dr. Wright serves and has served on several advisory and editorial boards to include Clinical Diabetes, Diabetes Technology and Therapeutics and as a content reviewer for Up To Date. Dr. Wright has served on the Planning Committee of the Clinical Conference of the ADA since 2009. He serves
as the inaugural chair of the ADA Primary Care Interest Group and as a member of the ADA/AHA Know Diabetes by Heart Science Advisory Group. Dr. Wright has published several articles on diabetes diagnosis, treatment and management and has given presentations at national and international meetings on new treatments and technology for diabetes.