April 10th, 2021 via Live Webinar - Expose yourself to relevant forensic topics and improve your knowledge base and skills for medical examining. Click here to register!
Specific focuses of this activity will include deaths occurring due to suspected elder neglect/abuse, deaths occurring during excited states, gunshot wound characteristics and description, electronic death certification, forensic radiology and identification and expert witness testimony.Objectives
- Appropriately investigate and document pertinent information pertaining to deaths due to possible elder abuse and neglect.
- Appropriately investigate and document pertinent information pertaining to deaths occurring during excited states.
- Describe and document pertinent findings related to gunshot wound patterns and range of fire.
- Improve competency and feel comfortable performing as an expert witness.
- Define the basic concepts of forensic radiology and its usefulness in identification.
- Identify the basis for electronic death certification and its ongoing implementation in the state.
Who Should Attend
This activity is designed for county medical examiners and their investigators, nurses, nurse
practitioners, physicians, pathologist assistants, paramedics, law enforcement, attorneys, forensic
scientists, students in criminal justice programs, emergency medical technicians, laboratory/
medical technicians and all others interested in updating their knowledge of forensic pathology.
Cost and Registration
- $110 — Physicians, Dentists and Attorneys
- $80 — PAs, NPs and Nurses
- $60 — First Responders, Law Enforcememt, EMS
- $25 — Medical Students, Residents and Fellows (with valid student ID)