The Charles L Spurr symposium is designed for physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, navigators and other health care professionals dedicated to the field of hematology and oncology in settings across the continuum of care. Attendees will benefit from an interactive learning environment in which renowned faculty will present the latest in evidence based oncology care. This virtual meeting will provide didactic presentations and case studies so that participants will gain knowledge about best practice and new advances in treating oncology patients. Participants will return to practice with practical strategies for navigating therapeutic and diagnostic options and care delivery to improve patient outcomes.
Live Webinar - October 8th 12:20pm-4:40pm
- Define the scope and nature of the clinical pathological syndrome of Cancer of Unknown Primary (CUP).
- Discuss the advances in diagnostic testing to determine the tissue of origin for optimal precision therapy in CUP.
- Examine factors that influence the selection of therapy for patients with metastatic breast cancer.
- Discuss the role of immune checkpoint inhibitors in metastatic breast cancer.
- Evaluate novel agents and approaches to care in multiple myeloma.
- Identify strategies to address healthcare disparities in minority and economically disadvantaged patients.