Have you thought about what your 2021 New Year's Resolution may be? After what we experienced in 2020 many of you may just be hoping for a less chaotic year or may just want to be back to living your normal life. Even with the trials and tribulations that 2020 might have brought into your life, do you think it also made us realize what is most important? Health, family, and the simple things like having a roof over our heads may be a few things you think of.
Setting achievable resolutions for a healthier and happier life are key for 2021. Sure eating healthier and exercising more can be on the list but make sure to include simple life tweaks that can jumpstart your year on the right foot.
Find easy ways to add in a change of your habits to make sure you put yourself first. Here are a few helpful ideas to get your thoughts on the right track to set your resolutions:
- Build a better budget - Figure out your income vs expenses and stick to a plan. Many of you are working from home so saving on gas and maintenance on your car, also eating at home more - so save that money and put it away for a rainy day.
- Cut back on alcohol - This could improve your mood, sleep, skin, and immune system. Plus help you save money!
- Try a new diet - or just eat healthier - Make sure to do your research and start something you can maintain. There are so many plans out there find one that fits your lifestyle.
- Get active - Take the stairs instead of the elevator, set a reminder to take a daily lunchtime walk. This will reap huge benefits in your energy boost and help you de-stress (and burn calories!).
- Plan a vacation - Yes this one may be hard to do but set something up that gives you something to look forward to. Ensure it has a cancellation plan just in case.
- Drink more water - Drinking water has so many benefits, this one needs to be on your list!
- Consider Therapy - Our mental health really took a hit in 2020, maybe it is time to set up a virtual visit with a counselor to talk through things.
- Get Outside - Spend as much time outside as possible, even in the colder weather it is important to have sunlight. It helps keep your vitamin D levels high and will improve your overall health.
- Ease stress with kindness - Kindness toward yourself! Practice self compassion. And be kind to others, it is a crazy world out there right now...you never know what someone is going through.
- Explore Professional Development - This is where we can help, sign up for a virtual event or online course to expand your knowledge with continuing education! Visit our course catalog for all the upcoming webinars and online courses
Don't make resolutions without an action plan. The secret to success is right in your hands.
Happy New Year! Let this be the year you stick to your resolutions!