We are excited to announce an upcoming training session, "More than a Playlist: An Overview of Music Therapy," and we would like to invite you to attend. This session will provide a comprehensive overview of the music therapy profession, highlighting the incredible impact it has on individuals across a wide range of patient populations.
Music therapy is an evidence-based field that utilizes music as a powerful therapeutic tool to achieve non-musical therapeutic goals. Whether you are a healthcare professional, educator, or simply someone interested in learning more about the healing power of music, this session promises to expand your understanding of music therapy and its benefits.
During this interactive training, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain insights into the role of board-certified music therapists and their expertise in integrating music into therapeutic settings.
- Explore various approaches to music therapy and how they are tailored to the specific needs of different individuals.
- Discover the diverse range of interventions employed in music therapy treatment, including singing, playing instruments, improvisation, and songwriting.
- Learn about the collaborative nature of music therapy and how it complements and enhances the work of other healthcare professionals.
- Deepen your understanding of music's impact on the brain and its potential to promote healing and emotional well-being.
The "More than a Playlist: An Overview of Music Therapy" session will be a hands-on experience where you can actively engage in the learning process. It will be led by experienced music therapy professionals who are passionate about sharing their knowledge and insights.
More than a Playlist: An Overview of Music Therapy
October 20, 2023 from 9AM - 12:15PM
In Person at Amos Cottage at 3325 Silas Creek Pkwy, Winston Salem, NC
We believe that this training will provide valuable knowledge and practical tools that can be applied in various settings, from healthcare facilities to educational institutions. Whether you are considering a career in music therapy, seeking to enhance your professional skills, or simply curious about the therapeutic potential of music, this session is for you.
Come join this hands-on session as we learn more about music’s impact on the brain and how music is used as a therapeutic tool to reach non-musical therapeutic goals!