This live webinar will introduce basic fetal monitoring principles to the new perinatal nurse.
Live Webinar October 18, 2023
Event link opens at 8:30 am
- Understand basic physiology of the fetal heart rate.
- Demonstrate the use of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) monitoring definitions.
- Discuss advantages/disadvantages of different monitoring modalities.
- Interpret results of common antenatal testing.
- Interpret fetal heart rate patterns using a systematic approach and approved NICHD definitions.
- Discuss physiologic interventions for intrauterine resuscitation.
- Demonstrate communication strategies for the effective interdisciplinary collaboration surrounding fetal monitoring.
Tammy J. Goodwin, MSN, RN-C-OB, C-EFM
Nurse Manager, Women’s & Children
2 Med Surg East Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center Thomasville, NC
This activity is designed for nurses with less than one year experience with EFM.