NC DHHS has revised the COVID-19 Dashboard, which was launched in late March. Because no single metric tells the whole story, several were selected:
- COVID-19 Virus Particles Found in Wastewater
- Emergency Room Visits for COVID Symptoms
- Hospital Admissions- COVID-19 Patients
- COVID-19 Cases Reported by Date of Specimen Collection
- Vaccines and Boosters
- COVID-19 Variants
- CDC COVID-19 Community Levels by County
Early warning indicators such as rising levels of virus particles in wastewater can be an early sign of community spread and illness.
- In an April 21 memo to all North Carolina Clinicians, Dr. Elizabeth Tilson reviewed important information on Currently Available Therapeutics for the Treatment and Prevention of COVID-19. This memo provided guidance, quick reference guidance for therapeutics, links to data and other resources for outpatient treatment and prevention of coronavirus disease in patients who are at high risk of progressing to severe disease.