We are excited to bring you some news to share with your clients, patients and their families!
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has just announced the Affordable Connectivity Program, which is a long-term benefit to help lower the cost of broadband service for eligible households struggling to afford internet service. The Affordable Connectivity Program provides:
- Up to $30/month discount for broadband service;
- Up to $75/month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands; and
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider if the household contributes more than $10 but less than $50 toward the purchase price.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who is Eligible?
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria outlined here.
Two Steps to Enroll
1. Go to ACPBenefit.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application; and
2. Contact your preferred participating provider to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
Some providers may have an alternative application that they will ask you to compete.
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan.
For information and full details, visit https://www.fcc.gov/acp or call 877-384-2575