Important highlights for the Quality Payment Program in PY2021:
- MIPS Value Pathways will NOT be introduced into the QPP for the 2021 performance period; however, the APM Performance Pathway (APP) will be available to MIPS eligible clinicians participating in MIPS APMs.
- The APP is required for Medicare Shared Savings Program ACOs.
- Clinicians in a MIPS APM will be evaluated for MIPS eligibility at the individual and group levels, and will no longer be evaluated at the Entity level for the low-volume threshold.
- The APM Scoring Standard will no longer be used beginning in the 2021 performance period.
- All MIPS eligible clinicians, including those in a MIPS APM, may choose to participate in MIPS as an individual, a group, a virtual group or and APM entity.
- Reporting through CMS Web Interface will be extended through 2021, but will sunset beginning with the 2022 performance period.
- Traditional MIPS and the APP are the reporting frameworks available for the 2021 performance period.
MIPS Scoring for 2021
Performance Threshold remains at 60 points
Traditional MIPS Category Weights
APM Entities Reporting Traditional MIPS Category Weights
For questions or further assistance, please contact your NW AHEC Practice Support team