Healthy Opportunities Update: Effective Sunday, May 1, 2022, qualifying Medicaid Standard Plan members in 33 North Carolina counties may receive housing and transportation services in addition to food services which became available March 15.Examples of housing services include:
- Navigation support and sustaining services
- Inspection for housing safety and quality
- Move-in support
- Essential utility setup
- Home remediation services
- Accessibility and safety modifications
Examples of transportation services include:
- Reimbursement for health-related public or private transportation
- Transportation for case management services
To be eligible for and receive Pilot services, NC Medicaid Managed Care members must live in a *Pilot region and have at least one qualifying physical or behavioral health condition and one qualifying social risk factor, as defined by the Department. For more information, please see frequently asked questions [ncdhhs.gov]. Those interested in pilot services should contact their health plan or care manager. For more information, please visit the Healthy [ncdhhs.gov]Opportunities Pilots webpage.
*Counties included in the Healthy Opportunities Pilot within Northwest AHEC's catchment area include Burke and Avery.