Register now for the diabetes self-management presentation on May 11 and adolescent immunization on May 16.
The 2023 NC Medicaid Quality Symposium will highlight two topics. The presenters will share their high priority quality initiatives that improve outcomes for Medicaid members.
Umbrella Program Support of Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support (DSMES) Services
May 11, 2023 – 1-2 p.m. EDT | Register
- Describe benefits of diabetes self-management education and support (DSMES) services for people living with diabetes.
- Describe the history and structure of DiabetesSmart, an American Diabetes Association recognized DSMES umbrella program through NC DHHS.
- Describe the administrative and program benefits of ADA recognition and participation in DiabetesSmart.
- Describe the barriers and facilitators to DSMES implementation.
Angie Watson, RDN, LDN, CDCES, Diabetes Program Coordinator, Pitt County Public Health Department
Corissa Payton, MA, CHES, ACSM-EP, DSMES Quality Coordinator, NC Division of Public Health, Community and Clinical Connections for Prevention and Health Branch
Increasing Adolescent Immunization Rates; Strategies to Eliminate Missed Vaccination Opportunities
May 16, 2023 - 1-2 p.m. EDT | Register
- Understanding the keys to success; implementing effective evidence-based interventions.
- Prioritizing immunizations for adolescents; optimizing opportunities to ensure all immunizations are up to date and visible in the electronic health record (EHR).
- Addressing the challenges associated with human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine initiation and completion.
Dr. Lyn Nuse, MD, FAAP, Sr. Medical Director, Primary Care Pediatrics, Teen Health, Child Protection, Atrium Health Pediatric Care Division
Stephanie Raines, BSN, RN-BC, CPHQ, Performance Improvement Coordinator, Atrium Health Quality
Holly Bates, BSN, RN, Performance Improvement Coordinator, Atrium Health Quality
See Medicaid bulletin article 2023 NC Medicaid Quality Symposium - Partnering for Performance for more information about the two sessions.