Is transportation a barrier to care for your patients?
Health begins where we live, work and play. The beauty of our region of North Carolina comes at the cost of limited public transportation options for people to access services they need to be healthy. In some localities, nearly half of households do not have access to a vehicle. Learn from community-based organizations how they work to help meet this need, and how the NCCARE360 referral platform ties in.
Please join us for the fifth webinar in our NCCARE360 series. Learn how to incorporate the NCCARE360 platform into your practice. With the NCCARE360 network you can connect your patients and their families with human services organizations and other community resources across the state. NCCARE360 is available in all 100 counties across North Carolina.
Northwest AHEC invites you to participate in this and upcoming webinars to learn more about this initiative and get involved in making sure our community is connected. Following the webinar, a link for the recorded session will be available so be sure to check back!
Focus on Transportation Webinar
January 7, 2021 12-1pm
*Please note: Registration for this webinar is no cost and will close at 11am on the day of the program.
- Describe the process for helping individuals with transportation issues access resources
- Discuss local and regional transportation resources
- Recognize inequities that individuals and families in our region experience
Prior NCCARE360 webinar series - click below to see recorded sessions:
- Introduction to NCCARE360 - Held on September 24, 2020 - View Recorded Session Click Here Navigating services like health, housing, employment, and transportation can be incredibly difficult, but these factors all contribute to our overall health. NCCARE360 provides the opportunity for health to all North Carolinians by providing public access to resources and helping health and community-based organizations make electronic referrals, communicate in real time, securely share client information, and track outcomes together.
- Focus on Employment and Childcare - Held on October 8, 2020 - View Recorded Session Click Here Health begins where we live, work and play. Prior to the COVID epidemic, unemployment in rural North Carolina was as high as 29% in some areas in the Northwest AHEC region. Economic instability is associated with adverse health outcomes. Learn from community based organizations how they work to help address this issue and how the NCCARE360 referral platform ties in.
- Focus on Housing - Held on November 5, 2020 - View Recorded Session Click Here Health begins where we live, work and play. In North Carolina, one of every 28 children younger than age 6 are homeless. Learn from community based organizations how they work to address the need for shelter in our region, and how the NCCARE360 referral platform ties in.
- Focus on Food Security - December 3, 2020, 12-1 PM - View Recorded Session Click Here Health begins where we live, work and play. In North Carolina, 1 in 5 (in some counties 1 in 3) children live in food insecure households. Learn from community based organizations about how they work to help meet that need, and how the NC Care 360 referral platform ties in.