Join Us November 15-16, 2023!
We're headed back to Hickory!
Join us at the Hickory Metro Convention Center
1960 13th Avenue Drive SE, Hickory, NC
Limit: 150 participants - Register Early!
$125 —Registration fee for one day (Wednesday or Thursday)
$245 —Registration fee for full two day conference
$230 —Registration fee per person when a group of three or more registrations are scanned and attached
to the same email or mailed in the same envelope
(Group Discount: $230 per person for two-day registration when three or more registrations are scanned and attached to the same email, mailed in the same envelope or included in the same fax.)
Gravidas at Risk is an annual 2-day statewide perinatal conference designed to address both inpatient and outpatient care.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the unique nutrition needs in pregnancy and postpartum.
- Manage gestational diabetes with dietary interventions.
- Address dietary concerns with a weight-neutral approach.
- Define Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD).
- Understand the impact of prenatal alcohol exposure on the developing brain.
- Identify common characteristics of FASD across the lifespan.
- Recognize the contribution of IVF and ART to high risk pregnancy.
- Outline differences in prenatal management as determined by type of multiple gestation.
- List suggested changes in prenatal care for IVF pregnancies.
- List challenges associated with caring for families with a substance-exposed pregnancy.
- Learn mindfulness self-care practices, meditative breathing, and therapeutic stretch exercises to reduce stress and/or burnout.
Hickory Courtyard Marriott
1946 13th Avenue Drive SE
Hickory, North Carolina 28602
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hickory Courtyard Marriott just steps from the convention center. Book online or call 828-267-2100 to reserve your room. Reservations must be made by October 24, 2023 to receive the event discount rate of $154-159 (plus tax) per night.
Monica T. Brown, MPH
Carol C. Coulson, MD, FACOG
Amy Hendricks, BS
- 9.0 Contact Hours from Northwest AHEC (5.0 for day 1 and 4.0 for day 2)
- 0.9 CEUs from Wake Forest University School of Medicine (.50 for day 1 and .40 for day 2)
- 9.0 Nursing Contact Hours
Northwest Area Health Education Center (NWAHEC) is approved as a provider of nursing continuing
professional development by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the
American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Who Should Attend?
Nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, social workers, educators and other healthcare professionals who caring for the childbearing family in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
As part of its commitment to diversity and inclusion, the Northwest AHEC and Wake Forest Baptist Health provide compassionate education and respectful care for all, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
For More Information or Assistance
If you have questions about registering for this activity or need auxiliary aids or special services to attend, please contact Lisa Thomas at least five working days before the activity at 336-713-7729 or firstname.lastname@example.org.