The NC AHEC Scholars Program at Northwest AHEC recruits, trains, and supports a diverse group of students from across the state, creating a multidisciplinary team of health professionals committed to both community service and the transformation of health care in North Carolina. We seek individuals who are committed to improving health and health care, devoted to community service, and interested in improving their own skills and in working with other professionals in team-based care.
Northwest AHEC partners with two institutions for the Scholars Program, Wake Forest University (WFU) and Winston-Salem State University (WSSU). We coordinate to recruit ten students per year from each campus that are focused on a career in health.
As an NC AHEC Scholar, you’ll:
- Supplement and enrich your education
- Receive a $1000/year stipend
- Participate in 40 hours of didactic and 40 hours of clinical work each year
- Have the opportunity to network with fellow students and health care professionals
- Gain access to unique experiences to help you thrive in health care
- Receive an NC AHEC Scholars Certificate, which sets you apart from other students in an increasingly competitive environment
NC AHEC Scholars at Northwest AHEC:
- Must be enrolled in a college-level health professions education training program at WFU or WSSU by August 31, 2021
- Must have reliable access to Wi-Fi
- Must have reliable transportation
- Eligible to work inside the United States
Program runs September 1, 2021 through August 31, 2022
Application Deadline is May 15th.