Please join us on Friday, October 20, 2023, for Salem Academy and College’s third Health Leadership Forum. The Forum will take place on Salem's campus from 9:00 am - 1:30 pm.
Salem’s Health Leadership Forum features a selection of women in health leadership roles from around the nation. This conference offers an opportunity for discussion of current trends in health and networking while hearing from some of the nation’s most widely recognized experts and innovators in their fields.
This year’s Katherine Graham Howard A’1913 C’1917 keynote address —entitled Leading to Serve in Health Care, Public Health, and Policy: Embrace the Joys and Challenges—will be given by Jewel Mullen, MD, MPH, MPA. Dr. Mullen currently serves as Associate Dean for Healthy Equity at the University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School.
Panel discussions during the Health Leadership Forum will feature:
- Stacy Drury, MD, PhD, Psychiatrist in Chief at Boston Children's Hospital
- Elizabeth “Like” Lokon, PhD,A.T., Founder & Director of Opening Minds through Art (OMA)
- Jackeline Vazquez, LCMHC, Licensed Professional Counselor
- Rynne Ambrose Hankins A'08, C'12, PhD, Senior R&D Scientist at Cambrex
- Jennifer Miller, PhD, Associate Professor in Yale School of Medicine, Founding President of Bioethics International, and Director of the Good Pharma Scorecard
- Joan Packenham, PhD, Director, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) Office of Human Research and Community Engagement
- Anshu Shrestha C'00, PhD, MPH Senior Epidemiologist/Research Manager, Public Health Institute/Cancer Registry of Greater California
We are delighted to announce that starting this academic year credit will be offered through Northwest AHEC for attendees.