Dr. Christopher Ohl, Infectious Disease Expert at Wake Forest Baptist Health, shared his weekly update on Facebook Live this week. Most of the segment was spent on why you should get vaccinated.
- Be Selfish - Protect Yourself.
- Protect your family, friends and those around you.
- Protect your community at large, do your part to help with herd immunity.
Vaccine Appointment Pointers:
- Starting later this week everyone will be eligible to be vaccinated, make your appointment.
- More vaccine available, be persistent! Check often because appointments show up randomly, check daily.
- Schedule online through Wake Forest Baptist Health
- If you don't want to make appointment online call 70-COVID, even if you aren't a Wake Forest Baptist patient you can make an appointment.
- Check our prior blog post for some local vaccine resources
Find your spot to take your shot.
A free COVID-19 vaccine will be available to all who want it, but supplies will be limited at first. Our goal is to vaccinate as many people as quickly as possible given the limited supply of vaccines. North Carolina moves through vaccination phases by aligning to federal priorities while empowering local health departments and hospitals with flexibility to move to the next priority group as they complete phases and have vaccines available. Rest assured: you have a spot to take your shot.
View full list of vaccine providers and find one near you - Click Here