This partnership strategy serves as a viable strategy to provide professional development to experienced registered nurses. Without enough nurse educators to teach the increasing number of nurses that are needed, the health of North Carolina residents is at stake. Northwest AHEC has been collaborating for 16 years with key partners, Novant Health, Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist and our local Forsyth County based nursing academic programs at Forsyth Technical Community College and Winston-Salem State University’s School of Health Sciences’ Nursing Program. Together we have educated 420 active nurses to potentially serve as Clinical Teaching Associates to precept nursing students. Join us this December for the next workshop!
Live Webinar December 12-14th 9AM-6:15PM
The CTA Course meets criteria for adjunct faculty status as required by the North Carolina Board of Nursing Education Rules. This partnership strategy serves as a viable strategy to provide professional
development to experienced registered nurses. The CTA Course meets criteria for adjunct faculty status as required by the North Carolina Board of Nursing Education Rules.
- Define the Clinical Teaching Associate (CTA) role including the specific responsibilities for Forsyth Technical Community College and Winston-Salem State University.
- Discuss the socialization of the registered nurse to the clinical teaching role.
- Discuss evidence-based practice as it relates to the clinical teaching enviroment.
- Differentiate the principles of adult learning theory including effective and ineffective feedback behaviors.
- Identify the legal aspects of clinical teaching including the NC Nurse Practice Act.
- Analyze assigned readings for integration into clinical practice.
- Analyze the clinical forms and student policies specific to Forsyth Tech and WSSU Schools of Nursing.
- Discuss the CTA clinical orientation requirements of Novant Health and Wake Forest Baptist Health.
- Carolyn T Rajacich, RN, Clinical Coordination
- Ann S Moore, MSN BSN, Nursing Instructor
- Sharon M Moore, RN, BSN, MSN, DON
- Tamika Moore, MSN, Nursing Professional Development Specialist
- Johnetta Tate, RN,MSN
- Alana Dodson, RN, MBA, Nurse Educator
- Ellen M Hohf, MSN, RN, CHSE, Nurse Educator/RN Refresher Coordinator