This activity will increase the ability of the nurse to perform a home visit for a new postpartum family. View program brochure
Objectives for this activity:
- Differentiate normal and abnormal postpartum assessment findings in the new mother.
- Formulate a plan of care for assessment of perinatal depression.
- Examine the critical elements necessary to complete a thorough newborn assessment.
- Discuss strategies for supporting breastfeeding in the home.
- Identify strategies for increasing personal safety while performing a home assessment.
Who Should Attend: Nurses and other health care providers in health departments, hospitals and home health agencies who are interested in the care of childbearing families.
Registration fee for this webinar is $85 ($75 for groups of 3 or more) and you can register on our website today!
- Amit Chandel, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Neonatal Perinatal Medicine , Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist
- Georganna Cogburn, MSHE, RD, LDN, IBCLC, RLC
Regional Lactation Trainer, MAHEC Regional Services, Asheville, NC
- Mona Brown Ketner, RN, MSN, C-EFM
Nurse Educator, Retired - Northwest AHEC