Join us in Hickory November 15th - 16th - Gravidas at Risk is an annual two-day statewide perinatal conference designed to address both inpatient and outpatient care.
Registration is Open!
November 15 - 16, 2023
Hickory Metro Convention Center
1960 13th Avenue Drive SE, Hickory, NC
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the unique nutrition needs in pregnancy and postpartum.
- Manage gestational diabetes with dietary interventions.
- Address dietary concerns with a weight-neutral approach.
- Define Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD).
- Understand the impact of prenatal alcohol exposure on the developing brain.
- Identify common characteristics of FASD across the lifespan.
- Recognize the contribution of IVF and ART to high risk pregnancy.
- Outline differences in prenatal management as determined by type of multiple gestation.
- List suggested changes in prenatal care for IVF pregnancies.
- List challenges associated with caring for families with a substance-exposed pregnancy.
- Learn mindfulness self-care practices, meditative breathing, and therapeutic stretch exercises to reduce stress and/or burnout.
Gravidas at Risk is an annual two-day statewide perinatal conference designed to address both inpatient and outpatient care. This conference will provide current information about clinical issues and strategies important in the care of high-risk pregnant women. View more information and register here.