You don't want to miss this one-day conference will focus on techniques to assist women with breastfeeding. In person in Asheville NC!
11th Annual Breastfeeding Forum
May 3, 2023 10:00 AM - 3:15 PM
In Person at Mission Health A/B Tech Conference Room
This one-day conference will focus on techniques to assist women with breastfeeding, and update care providers on breastfeeding techniques and tips to ensure a successful breastfeeding experience. Check out the full program brochure here.
- Identify strategies to establish and maintain milk supply when feeding a preterm newborn.
- List common differences between late preterm and full term infants.
- Describe ways to support breastfeeding when an infant is born between 35 – 37 weeks gestation.
- Discuss strategies for progressing to exclusive breastfeeding when early supplementation is medically necessary.
- Discuss with a patient what constitutes a healthy diet during lactation.
- Explain the impact of galactagogues on milk production.
- Explain how to educate and support a patient with antenatal milk expression.
- Identify how to support a patient who may be involved in high risk activities.
Who Should Participate
This program targets lactation consultants, WIC staff members, registered dietitians, health educators, peer counselors, nurses, social workers, childbirth educators and others who assist women with breastfeeding.
- Shelia Britt-Smith, MEd, RD, IBCLC, Assistant WIC Director/Breastfeeding Coordinator, Forsyth County Public Health Department
- Georganna Cogburn, MS, RD, LDN, IBCLC, Regional Lactation Trainer, MAHEC Regional Services
- Julie Cunningham, MPH, RDN, LDN, CDCES, IBCLC, Registered Dietitian, Julie Cunningham Nutrition, LLC
- Hannah Edens MPH, RD, LDN, IBCLC, RLC, Director NC WIC LATCH program, Region 2 Lactation Trainer
- Rathika Nimalendran, MD, Family Medicine Faculty, Special Projects, Mountain Area Health Education Center
Take a look at our webpage for more information and details! Registration is already open, we look forward to having you join us.